Welcome to the first edition of my updates and announcements for the 2014-2015 school year! My hope is to send an update email once per week through the school year. For the first part of the year this email will have two parts: General announcements for everyone and announcements specific to Marching Band.
- I am still missing online information forms, instrument contracts and uniform contracts from a number of students. Please try to get those in this week!
- Next scale quiz is Friday 10/3. Band students are responsible for Concert Bb & F. String students are responsible for D & G Major.
- Equipment Check is this Wednesday, 9/24. Students are expected to have all equipment appropriate for their instrument as listed on Page 10 of the Instrumental Music Handbook. You can view the handbook here
(and I have hard copies in my classroom).
- Tonight’s restaurant night at Panera has been postponed. A new date will be announced soon.
- Students who are interested in retaking their playing test must let me know by the end of the month, and students who want to retake their scale quiz from Friday must let me know before the next scale quiz (on 10/3).
- Letters were distributed for our Spring Trip to Nashville last week (an electronic copy is here
). The deadline to submit a deposit for the trip is Friday 10/3.
- Our Innisbrook fundraiser is underway! Orders and money are due Friday 10/3.
Marching Band Announcements:
- Schedule for the next week:
o Tuesday 9/23: Full rehearsal 5:30-8pm (review all music and drill for Homecoming….learn new stand tunes)
o NO SECTIONALS OR REHEARSAL Wednesday 9/24 or Thursday 9/25
o Friday 9/26: Pep Rally (report to my room 8th period….wear polo shirts), Percussion Sectional 2:30-3:30pm, Homecoming game (4:00 rehearsal)
o Monday 9/29: Video review at lunch
- Don’t forget your money for your Homecoming and competition meals tomorrow!
- As was mentioned at Thursday’s rehearsal we have been invited to perform at the MCPS State of the Schools event on 11/11. Please keep that date open and plan to have rehearsal on Thursday 11/6.
- I am looking for some volunteers who would like to be a part of the UMD Pregame show at the MD/Ohio State game on Saturday 10/4. I will be asking for a final volunteer count at tomorrow’s rehearsal. Please let me know if you’re interested or want more details.
- FYI: Holly Shropshire is taking the Snack Bar volunteer names from the Marching Band signup genius and adding them to the Booster Club's signup genius so that the Boosters know who is coming to help in the snack bar. If you do happen to sign up and then have to back out please let her know!
to sign up.