- Pit Orchestra: Rehearsal this week is TUESDAY, 2:30-5:00pm.
- The annual RHS Chamber Concert is TONIGHT at 7pm at the Barnes & Noble in the Montrose Crossing Shopping Center. You’ll hear solo & small ensemble performances from several of our instrumental and choral students, as well as a special performance from Mr. Barnes & Ms. Tauber! This performance also kicks off a fundraiser for the junior class to raise money in order to have their graduation ceremonies at Strathmore in June 2014. A portion of all sales in Barnes & Noble (except Starbucks) will be donated to the junior class, as long as you mention their code, which is 11043601. You can also use the code for purchases at the Barnes & Noble website between 2/26 & 3/2.
- MCPS Solo & Ensemble Festival is this weekend. Students performing solos will be adjudicated in Saturday, 3/2, while students participating in ensembles will be adjudicated on Friday, 3/1. Adjudication times for all performers have been distributed in class.
- Info sheets for Symphonic Band & Symphonic Orchestra county festivals were distributed in class last week. Please get permission slips and trip fees in ASAP!
- Students participating in the Spring Trip will have a MANDATORY rehearsal after school in order to finalize the music for the trip. All band students (including trumpets, trombones, saxes and percussion from Jazz Ensemble) will rehearse on Wednesday, 3/13 from 3pm until 5pm. All orchestra students will rehearse on Monday, 3/18 from 3pm until 5pm.
- Attention orchestra students and parents: I have information available about the “Spring String Thing” sponsored by James Madison University. This is a great camp that takes place over a weekend in May, and gives you the opportunity to perform some great music with hundreds of orchestra students throughout the Mid-Atlantic region! Several RHS students (both current students and alums) have attended this camp in the past and have had many positive things to say about it. Students can ask me for a packet or visit http://www.jmu.edu/music/workshops_events/sst/ for more info.
- Thursday 3/7: Pit Orchestra Rehearsal 2:30-5:00pm
- Thursday 3/7: RHS Music Night at Mama Lucia’s in Olney 5-9pm (make sure you take a flyer with you!)
- Monday 3/11: FORM Meeting 7:00pm
- Tuesday 3/12: Symphonic Orchestra at County Festival
- Wednesday 3/13: Mandatory Rehearsal for all Band students going on Spring Trip 3:00-5:00pm
- Thursday 3/14: Pit Orchestra Rehearsal 2:30-5:00pm
- Monday 3/18: Mandatory Rehearsal for all Orchestra students going on Spring Trip 3:00-5:00pm
- Tuesday 3/19: Symphonic Band at County Festival
- Tuesday 3/19: Pit Orchestra Rehearsal 2:30-5:00pm
- Wednesday 3/20-Monday 3/25: SPRING TRIP!