I just wanted to touch base with you to make sure everyone is on the same page with the marching band season.
- First, thank you for your flexibility regarding tonight's rehearsal. Due to the event in the auditorium, we are moving full band rehearsal up an hour tonight, so we will go from 4:30 until 7. Color guard will still have sectionals from 3 until 4pm. There will be no drumline sectionals today.
- Next week we have our away game trip to Wheaton HS. The info sheet for the trip can be found in the files section of the website. Hard copies will be available at tonight's rehearsal.
- At the request of many parents and students, we will add a rehearsal in on Friday, October 15th from noon until 3pm to make up for the one we are losing on the 14th due to the football game being moved to that night. This rehearsal is posted on the calendar on the website. Please make every effort to be at this rehearsal....it will do us no good if we have to deal with too many holes because of absences!
- I am still waiting for a final schedule from the USSBA for our competition on the 16th, but it looks like we will perform sometime around 6pm. Call time at RHS will be somewhere around 11am. I should have an info sheet out sometime next week.
- In the meantime, tickets are now available for sale from me! Tickets are $14 each (CASH ONLY). Please have all RHSMB fans buy their tickets from me, rather than at the stadium, because we have an obligation to sell at least 30 tickets to the show!
I can't stress enough how much I have enjoyed this season so far. We have learned more drill in the past two weeks than we have in entire past seasons! Please keep up the hard work, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the schedule.
- Mr. Barnes