First, I hope everyone is still riding the “high” from last Saturday….I know I am!
I want to make sure everyone is on the same page regarding our last couple of weeks of rehearsals:
Thursday 10/27: Percussion Sectional 3:30-5, Full Rehearsal 5:30-8
- Please don’t forget to look at the “Federal Funding” tune, and make sure you have ALL stand tunes as this will be mostly a music rehearsal!
Friday 10/28: Home Football Game (Senior Night!). Pregame rehearsal begins at 4:00 SHARP!
- Seniors: I must have your escort info emailed to me by TODAY if you want to participate in the senior recognition activities!
- The recognition will take place at the end of halftime, immediately after our performance.
Tuesday 11/1: Color Guard Sectional 3-5pm, Post-season Party at CiCi’s on Rockville Pike 6-8pm
- Guard: You will be using this time to clean up the uniform closet and put the guard equipment away for the season.
- Please RSVP to me by TOMORROW with how many people from your family are coming to CiCi’s.
- We do receive a reduced rate for dinner that evening. I will give you the final pricing info at tomorrow’s rehearsal.
Thursday 11/3: Percussion rehearsal 4-8pm
- This is to prepare for the Northwood Drumline Showcase.
- There will be a short break during the rehearsal, so be sure to bring a snack!
Saturday 11/5: Northwood Percussion Showcase: An info sheet will go out to the percussionists tomorrow, but here are some quick details:
- Percussionists will need to report to Northwood HS by 5:00pm in full uniform.
- The showcase begins at 6:00pm, and I expect it to last about 2 hours.
- You’ll need to find your own transportation to and from Northwood!
- Non-percussionists: Please come out and cheer on our percussion section! Tickets are $8 adults/$6 MCPS students (with ID)/free for children under 5.
- We will need some parent help for this. I have added it to our SignUpGenius site (http://signupgenius.com/go/rhsmarching). Please sign up if you can help!
- I’ll have the link for the post-season survey out next week. It’s important to me to get feedback from both students and parents about this season so I can plan for future seasons. Please plan to take a few minutes to complete it!
- I am working on taking the marching band over to Wood to perform sometime in December. Stay tuned for details!
- Mr. Barnes