Below is the info sheet for the USSBA competition at Towson University next Saturday. You can also download the pdf from the files section of the website, and I’ll be distributing hard copies today when we meet for the away trip.
Please be sure to buy your tickets from me in advance, rather than at the door. We have an obligation to the USSBA to sell at least 30 tickets! Tickets are $14 each (cash only please) for all ages.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Info Sheet for USSBA Competition
Approximate times are in italics.
1:00pm Meet at RHS for rehearsal. Wear your RHSMB t-shirt. Eat lunch before you arrive!
3:00pm Rehearsal ends. Load buses.
3:30pm Buses depart for Towson.
5:00pm Arrive in Towson. Quick snack. Change into uniform and unload equipment.
6:30pm March to gate.
6:39pm At gate.
7:05pm Photo session. Return to buses to load equipment change out of uniform.
8:00pm Return to the stadium for dinner and to watch remaining bands.
10:15pm Awards Ceremony.
10:45pm Return to buses.
11:00pm Depart Towson.
12:00am Arrive at RHS. Unload buses and equipment.
Notes for Students:
· All MCPS and RHS rules and policies are in effect for the entire duration of the trip.
· Wear your RHSMB t-shirt for rehearsal, and underneath your uniform.
· Wear appropriate clothing underneath your uniform. Remember, you will be changing on the bus!
· Be sure you have all uniform parts (including black socks), all instrument/equipment parts, and appropriate clothing.
· Keep an eye on the weather forecast as we approach the competition date.
· Keep in mind that you’ll be sitting in the stands rather than moving around before our performance. A jacket and/or blanket may be appropriate!
· You need to eat lunch before you come to rehearsal. We will provide a light snack for you after we arrive in Towson. After we perform, the concession stands at the stadium will be open for you to purchase dinner, or you may bring your own bag dinner. Once we are in uniform you may not eat until after we perform!
Notes for Parents:
· Tickets will are available NOW from Mr. Barnes for $14 (CASH ONLY). Please have RHSMB fans buy their tickets from Mr. Barnes, rather than from the box office, because we have an obligation to sell at least 30 of them! The only people who do not need tickets are performers, instructional staff and pit crew.
· Concessions will be available in the stadium during the event.
· Airgrams, programs and merchandise will be available in the stadium during the event.
· DVD’s of the band’s performance will be on sale. They will be shipped via mail approximately 4-6 weeks after the show. You can purchase our band’s performance only, all performances from our group, or the awards ceremony. It will be a multi-camera DVD with cameras on the field, from the side, and from the press box.
· Jolesch Photography will be on site to take action and group images of the band. Group photos will be taken immediately following our performance. Images can also be ordered online at www.jolesch.com
Directions to Towson University from Rockville
· Take Rt. 28 (Norbeck Rd) east out of Rockville. Continue to follow Rt. 28 as it turns into Rt. 198, all the way to Burtonsville.
· Turn left onto US 29 North towards Columbia.
· Go about 14 miles. Take the exit for Interstate 70 East towards Baltimore.
· Go about 4 miles. Take the exit for Interstate 695 North towards Towson.
· Go about 12 miles. Take exit 25 (Route 139/Charles St) South towards Towson.
· Go about 2 miles. Turn left at the light for Towsontown Blvd.
· Go about ½ mile. Turn right at the light for Osler Dr. The stadium will be on the right. Follow signs for parking.