Below is the info sheet for next Saturday’s MCPS Jazz Festival at Sherwood HS.
This is a required performance, and it will be factored into the second quarter grade.
Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions!
- Mr. Barnes
RHS Jazz Ensemble
Info Sheet for MCPS Big Band Festival
Saturday, December 12th, 2009
8:00am Meet at Sherwood HS Auditorium. Proceed to warm-up room.
8:40am Move to backstage area.
9:15am Sight Reading.
9:40am Pack up equipment and move to auditorium. Catch end of Whitman HS Jazz Ensemble.
10:05am Watch Einstein HS Jazz Ensemble.
10:30am Watch Gaithersburg HS Jazz Ensemble.
· You must be in full performance uniform the entire time you are at Sherwood HS
o Guys: Black dress shoes, black socks, black dress pants, long-sleeve black button-up shirt, tasteful tie. (NOTE: The band agreed to change the shirt color to black.)
o Here is the link to the tie we were all interested in buying: http://www.absoluteties.com/sccotieorbl.html
o Ladies: Black, nice, and floor length
· You are responsible for getting everything you need (including yourself!) to and from Sherwood HS. This means you need to take it home with you on Friday and bring it back on Monday. This includes:
o Your instrument
§ Guitar/bass players are responsible for instruments and amps
§ Percussionists are responsible for cymbals, snare, bass pedal and any accessories
§ Pianists should bring a portable keyboard (with stand) for the warm-up room
o Your music
o Anything else you need on stage for the performance (mutes, extra reeds, etc….)
· Please eat something before you arrive
· As an ensemble we are required to watch at least two other groups perform. Therefore everyone must stay until the 11:00am dismissal time. You are more than welcome to stay and watch more groups if you want!
Directions to Sherwood HS from Rockville HS
· Make a left out of the school.
· Make a right onto Norbeck Rd.
· Make a left onto Georgia Ave.
· Make a right onto Old Baltimore Rd.
· Make a right onto Rt 108.
· Sherwood HS will be about 2 miles down the road on the right.
· Enter the school at the stop light. The Auditorium entrance is directly across from the entrance to the football stadium.
8:00am Sherwood HS
8:25am Walter Johnson HS
8:50am Rockville HS
9:15am Churchill HS
9:40am Whitman HS
10:05am Einstein HS
10:30am Gaithersburg HS
10:55am Clarksburg HS
11:20am Northwood HS
11:50am Jr MCPS Honors Jazz Ensemble
12:25pm Sr MCPS Honors Jazz Ensemble
1:10pm Richard Montgomery HS
1:35pm Magruder HS
1:50pm Blake HS
2:15pm Blair HS
2:40pm B-CC HS
Clinic with Chris Vadala: Choral Room
8:15am Frost MS
8:55am Blair HS Lab Band
9:35am Pyle MS
10:15am Damascus HS
10:55am Baker MS
1:10pm Silver Spring International MS
1:50pm Paint Branch HS